28 November 2011

Hi everybody,
Today we started our last week here in the Netherlands. To be honest I wouldn`t mind spending more time here. The kids in the nursery are just sweet. It`s getting easier to communicate with them each day. Today they made me laugh with the way how they played with me. First they played doctors, and I was their patient, than this turned into another play, and I just started to believe that they play that I am a baby who they have to take care of. They wanted me to lay down on the bed, than they examined me with their stethoscope, then they tried to put different kind of things into my mouth and in the end they brought me a lot of toys like rattles and plush animals. I couldn`t help laughing and the nursery nurse couldn’t help smiling either. Every day I help to clean and feed the kids, I play a lot with them. Unfortunately today one of them closed her hand with the door, so I had to treat her. 
As to the cultural differences I realized are the following things: the kids and the nurses are much more free here than at home. It was interesting when one of the nurses put  make up on the little girls and coloured their nails. It was so good to see the happy smile on their face when they looked into the mirror. In Hungary something like this would not happen but it seemed okay here.
A thing I like is that when the children went for a walk on the street and it was okay for them to run. In Hungary children have to walk hand hands and it`s not allowed for them to go too far from the nurses. I think I will really miss the Dutch nursery.

Márti