27 November 2011

Hi Everybody!!!!

It’s me live from Sneek after a long and peaceful day.
I can tell you, that everyone has had a lot of experiences in the last 3 weeks... We had 4 hard workdays and 1 school vocational day, and last but not least the great sightseeing in Amsterdam. Everyone needs some break…

For me this vocational training in the Netherlands is so useful. It is incredible how many differences there are between the Hungarian and the Dutch dental system and also the cutting edge machines make work easier.

On the first day, after few hours I could assist alone! The work of a dental assistant at home is different from the Dutch but it is so easy to learn how they work here and the assistants were also really helpful which made my job a lot easier.

At first they usually asked me after a patient if I wanted to assist during the next treatment.  A few days later it was so naturally that I did my work alone. To take an X-Ray is still difficult to me because the computer program is in Dutch.

The dental unit is arranged in a way that we can the assistant can work sitting on a chair and they can freely get to the right hand side of the dentist. This makes the work more effective.  I also like that they use the Carpulle system which is safe for the patient and for the dentist as well.

I really like that they every instrument and every material has its own place and they work “from the drawers” and from trolleys. Of course the always disinfect the instruments before putting them back to their place. Sometimes I had the impression that the rules of sterilization are followed more strictly at home.

I also saw an implant operation, however I couldn’t see the details the operation because but I could see the instruments they used.

I really like the atmosphere of the dental surgery and that people are friendly. I find it amazing that dental check-up are family programmes, amazing but very good.

I really like being here, I’ve seen many beautiful and interesting things and I’ve learnt a lot not only about the Dutch dentistry, education and culture but also about living what it is like to live an adult life.   

Erika