26 November 2011

I Amsterdam

Today we visited Amsterdam. Wow! J I don’t even know where to start. Amsterdam is a long way from Sneek. While we were sitting on I was looking at the scenery and I was really excited. Meanwhile I was wondering what we will do in that huge city. What are the things that I would really like to see. We left behind more and more sheep, cows and horses before we arrived. And we also left behind the calmness of Sneek. There was such a crowd that I’ve never seen before.



First we were shown the meeting point for the evening. We arrived at Dam Square by twelve and our teacher told us that we will meet there at six. Till then we can go where we want to. For a second I was shocked “Six? What shall we do till then? That is a long time.” But as time went by I started to feel that it is not enough for anything. It is impossible to conquer Amsterdam in a day. Could someone stop time, please? J


 A few of us went to the Van Gogh museum first. I didn’t know which museum to chose but I think I made a good decision. I really loved the exhibition. “How beautiful” I exclaimed several times.



After the museum we went for a walk. On the way the group split to smaller groups because everyone was interested in different things. The city is beautiful! The houses, the small streets, the canals and the bikes everywhere. I could believe it was really happening. But we really were there!

As we were walking in the city we I was thinking about what it could be like to live there. I can’t imagine it. I must be a completely different life. This crowd all the time and this busy city. Sometimes it was a little scary too. But I also liked the diversity of the town, all the different people, that they are all special in a different way. I think I have fallen in love. We walked a lot and we got more and more tired yet I didn’t want it to be six o’clock. I sometimes feel this at home too and I feel it here more and more that 24 hours are not enough. Not for me.


On the way home we used all out energy that was left and by the time we got home everyone was really exhausted but we all said that it comes to Amsterdam there is no such thing that “No, I’m too tired”. So could we go back tomorrow?

Kriszti