16 November 2011

Hi!

This was my third work day in the nursery. I met new nursery nurses again. They were very kind; they offered to help in everything. In this nursery the children are children 1-2 years old. Someone told me these children went to this nursery since they were babies.

Today there were children I haven’t met before. It’s very strange for me, because in Hungary there are the same children in the same group every day. Here in the Netherlands if the parents don’t want to bring the child to the nursery they can do it, and they don’t have to say anything about it to the nurses.

The children usually play in the morning. Their lunch is a sandwich, it’s very strange for me, because in Hungary the lunch is always warm (soup, meat, garnish). Anyway, they eat a sandwich, a salty one and a sweet one, and they drink milk.

 After playing the whole morning they are very tired, so they go to sleep right after the lunch. The children have another room for sleeping and small houses where they can sleep.

In the afternoon they play again in the garden. They come in for the tee, and play more. In the afternoon come the parents to take the children home.

Every day I learn a new method for developing of the children and I intend to use these methods in Hungary too.

Évi